Monday, April 9, 2012

Hunger Games Dinner Party

22

Yes, its all people are talking about these days: the Hunger Games.

Have you seen the movie yet? I have (twice!).  It was an awesome movie and even a much better book.

To celebrate the movie launch, I held a dinner party at my mother’s home last Saturday. After dinner we all went to the theatre together to see the movie.

 

Because most of us attending had read the books, I decided to base all the food off of items discussed in the first book.

3G4

For the Tart recipe, click here (Oh & don’t worry, I didn’t really use Goat Cheese!).

 

E145

My aunt Cindi made the “Puffy Bread” & it was to die for! Super soft, fluffy & sweet. She even added a “C” on top for the Capital.

My favorite part of the décor & creating the party was making Katniss’ dress! I love how it turned out. You can’t tell from photos, but it was super sparkly!

b10

I made the sugar cookies & tried my hand at using Royal Icing for the flames. I wasn’t too happy with the results, but for my first time it wasn’t too bad, I guess. At least they tasted yummy!

 

IMG_5518a19

For dinner we had vegetables, a green salad, barbequed Teriyaki chicken drumsticks, rolls & cheesy potatoes. And of course we all enjoyed multiple desserts. A true feast to get us all in the mood to watch the Hunger Games!

 

C38559

The party was a great success & if you haven’t read the book yet…go do it! (Even men enjoy it; both my father and husband read it last week & couldn’t wait to start on the 2nd one)

23

 

My cousins also brought a cake that they created for the party. Turned out great!

32

1 comment: